New era of smarter food safety
Security and optimization of the logistics process
The world around us is changing rapidly and we are in the midst of a food revolution. Many believe that we will see more changes in the food system in the next 10 years than in the last few decades. Food is being reformulated, new foods and new production methods are being made, and the food system is becoming increasingly digitized to offer greater safety and more information to the consumer.
Importance of end-to-end traceability in the Food industry
RFID technology in food makes it possible to trace all products from the beginning of the supply chain to the point of sale, guaranteeing the supply chain security and the origin of the food, as well as the reliability of information to the consumer.
Optimization of logistics processes
RFID opens a world of to total control of inventories and the flow of products to the point of sale. The availability of inventories with accuracy and reliability and the control of the processes, allows to optimize the logistics and supply chains, optimizing costs and improving the supply to the end customer.
Benefits of applying RFID solutions in the food sector
- Identification and traceability in food products, boxes, trays and merchandise
- Identification of perishable products using the RFID tag
- Identification and traceability of boxes and containers
- Control of merchandise entry to warehouses
- Automatic inventory in warehouses and cold rooms
- Automatic control and counting of merchandise on conveyors and intralogistics systems
- Control of productivity and merchandise in each phase of the process
- Recirculation of packaging and control of supplier or customer cycles
- Control of shipments and departures and counting and reconciliation against orders