Maximum item control for Just in Time Supply Chains
Innovation and RFID technology in the Automotive industry, an increasingly efficient manufacturing process
Automobile manufacturing companies and auxiliary companies manage their supply chain with maximum efficiency in their processes, but globalization and the competitive pressure of global markets make it necessary to take another step towards process control and continuous improvement. This is essential to survive and grow in an increasingly competitive market.
RFID solutions for the Automotive sector
RFID technology in the automotive industry provides solutions that allow for total traceability and control of all processes, from supplier entry to automobile manufacturing. Being able to identify, locate and trace both individual items and collective packaging represents a very important leap in process control and in improving efficiency.
Why is it useful to apply RFID technology in the automotive sector?
Benefits of using RFID for the car manufacturer:
- Synchronization of manufacturing and pre-assembled flows to have the necessary elements at the required moment, preventing the need to stop the assembly line to look for a misplaced part
- Total control of supplier entries and reconciliation of theoretical orders against RFID count
- Traceability and location of containers, pallets, collective packaging and individual items
- Real-time management of parts inventories
- Assignment of parts to finishing references in the manufacturing line
- Recirculation control of parts packaging in the factory and suppliers cycles
- Identification of manufactured vehicles and traceability of the entire process
Benefits of using RFID for the auxiliary industry:
- Parts and tools inventory management in real time
- Reconciliation of customer orders and outbound orders, eliminating errors in deliveries
- Identification and location of parts to optimize plant workflows
- Control of suppliers and merchandise entries for the manufacturing process