Bionix solutions for the industrial sector
There are different areas where industrial automation can be implemented through RFID technology. At Bionix we are specialists in implementing solutions for manufacturing and logistics processes. Discover how to improve the effectiveness and quality of your business through the automation of industrial processes.
The use of RFID technology in industry allows to automate and optimize processes. In this way, productivity is improved, since manufacturing times are reduced, labour force that does not add value to the product is reduced, errors are avoided and the management of the production process is improved.
With Bionix RFID devices you will know the traceability of each component of a product in real time, knowing all processes and critical points of the supply chain that has gone through. In case of incidents, the reaction time to solve the problem is reduced, since it is easier to identify where it has happened. You will have a total control of each production line and improve asset management, having access in real time and automatically to all data.
To make the technology work in industrial automation and control environments, RFID receivers need to be able to communicate with existing hardware devices like programmable logic controllers (PLCs), programmable automation controllers (PACs) and input/output (I/O) systems.
Current technology allows RFID readers to send the data they get from tags to the computers that control manufacturing equipment. Maybe the next step towards the Smart factory is creating a direct link between the RFID system and the manufacturing equipment.
Another use of RFID in manufacturing facilities is for identification and control of the staff. Personnel access can be restricted to areas with restricted access or that require special permission.
Logistics is a key part in the industrial sector. Before any product reaches the end user, it has to be transported and handheld through a complex and generally global supply chain.
The use of RFID technology in logistics has many benefits:
- Automatic identification of large amounts of items (boxes, packages, pallets), without manual contact and counting
- Reduction of the labour force required for verification in the receipt and movement of goods
- Shipping times are reduced and shipments are correct
- Prevent loss of products, thanks to the total traceability
- Ensure products are moved from one point of the process to the other as soon as possible, avoiding obsolescence
- Automatic and real time data, avoiding human errors when recording or processing logistic data
- Reliable and useful information, making resource planning easier and improving asset management
- On an international scale, RFID helps logistics chains to achieve perfect timing and ensures that items are not lost at loading docks or warehouses. This makes the logistics chain more effective and simple, while significantly reducing costs and losses.
To sum up, the use of RFID in logistics streamlines processes, increase productivity, improve efficiency and reduce operational costs of your supply chain.
Validation and compliance with regulations
Another benefit of using RFID in industry relates to validation and regulatory compliance.
The pharmaceutical industry is an example of that, where the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) requires manufacturers to keep electronic records of the entire process. The use of RFID provides reliable information on traceability of the product and proves that materials are stored in proper conditions and comply with regulations.
5 Advantages of industrial automation
As you can see, the application of an RFID system in industry can be very useful in various fields of the industrial sector such as production, logistics and validation and compliance with regulations.
In each field there are a large number of very profitable benefits for your business. Next, we will tell you the main 5 advantages of industrial automation through the RFID system of Bionix Technologies:
- Efficient Productivity. Our RFID technology applied to the industrial sector allows you to automate certain processes and increase control over the processes, eliminating errors and downtime. This leads to an improvement in the production capacity of your business, reaching mass production.
- Improvement of the quality of the process. By improving management and monitoring the stages of each production process, it is possible to eliminate errors and greatly improve the quality of the process.
- More accurate information. Automating industrial processes allows you to collect more accurate data and greatly reduces the task and time of collecting it. With RFID technology from Bionix Technologies applied to the industrial sector managers will be able to make better decisions.
- Cost reduction. One of the main advantages of industrial automation is the considerable cost reduction. Although it is true that a high initial investment is required, with Bionix RFID technology, production and management costs are reduced, so you amortize the initial investment in a short time.
5. Competitiveness. Companies with an industrial automation system are more effective and therefore more competitive. Thanks to RFID technology you will be able to compete with better prices, a more effective process and thus attract new clients for your business.